The Atlanta mayors race represents everything that is wrong with our political system. This election has become about anything other than how to improve the corruption that has existed for decades in Atlanta politics. The current candidates Kasim Reed and Mary Norwood have now devolved this into a schoolyard fight about race and sexual preference.
Atlanta continues to lose population but still remains the political capitol of this state. This state needs a city administration free from the kind of abuse of power that has be rampant for decades in City Hall. Atlanta and how it’s run is a major part of economic development in this state. We need these candidates to act less like advocates and more like leaders.
I hope for Georgia that whoever wins the mayoral race will begin to use all of the tools at their disposal to make the city function more effectively. We need an Atlanta that we can all be proud of and that lives up to it’s “Empire City of the South” nickname.
New mayor of Atlanta please privitize Hartsfield airport and save Georgia and Atlanta millions of dollars. Make the airport a cash creator not a drain on city coffers.
Thought I would see how my new wordpress app works and I have to say that I really like it! Here are a couple of more applications I really like:
Evernote: I have been increasing my use of this app lately and I am finding more and more to do with it.
DropBox: I really love this app and it been great for work, school and personal use. I have access to my files from multiple devices and it makes my life much easier!
These are just a couple of my favorite tools!
More to come….
Where have I been….What have I been up to?
I have been pretty busy lately with a number of activities for both me and the kids. Austin is in Cub Scouts and Choi Kwan Doi. Sydney just finished up with soccer and she is still in chorus, cheerleading and the Science Olympiad. Anniston is getting really big and Stephanie is as busy as ever. Here are a few other things getting my attention lately:
- Liberty University- 4 classes left in my Masters in Executive Leadership program. Looking to finish next summer and walk in May!
- Abbott- Its near the end of the year so that always means we are very busy at work. I enjoy what I am doing so that makes the hard work worth it.
- School Board- Lots of issues going on right now with the school system. We are trying to manage the budget and understand what changes may come next semester. The state is being very slow to let us know what we are going to be facing.
- Oak Leaf Church- Trying to get more involved with our online presence! We have some great ideas coming and I can’t wait!
- Rental Property- We finally got our rental house a new tenant. I really appreciate the help from Carolyn at Capital Property Management. I would recommend them if you need to have someone market your rental property.